Re: [RC] Trailer towing - Michelle Aquilino

Thanks Diane =)

I do agree though that a big problem is the other drivers, people are idiots, and I've already experienced at least one situation of extreme idiocracy here.  But there is also huge variance in the towing drivers as well, how they drive, and what sort of towing vehicle that person needs to be able to handle the type of driving they do.  Which is sort of what Diane points out, that this is also a factor to be considered, among many other things (though I don't think she was trying to point out that some people are horrible drivers when towing their horse trailers, so don't want to imply that, lol).  Like I said, I went a year without having a rig, and unless you have a barn that has access to an adequate amount of trails (which I board, so never really had), I'd expect the limitations to drive just about anyone crazy over a short period of time, ha ha.  Now I take her out every weekend just about (in the winter), I love it =)  And when it comes to the idiotic people, they are going to be idiots no matter what towing vehicle you use, and the worst out there are going to cause accidents with whatever's behind them, whether it's a 150, 350, or a tank, ha ha.  I am overly cautious and paranoid when towing though (and in the maintenance of my truck), I really want to do what I can to make the experience safe and pleasant for the both of us...  And no matter what you use to pull your horse, I think that's the best you can do :-/

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"