Re: [RC] Braking time (was: So Cal, etc.) - Elizabeth Walker

I didn't even get on the freeway.  I was traveling down a hill on a road with stop lights.  I had the green.  A car pulled out to make a right-hand turn.  All would have been fine if he had just kept going.... but no.  He got flustered and stopped - broadside across the lane - directly in front of me as I entered the intersection.

It was a really good thing that there was nobody in the other lane, because I had to make an emergency lane change to miss him, and *I* was panicked enough that I didn't really look.  No way could I have stopped in time, even if I had been driving my little Saturn, rather than my truck & trailer with horse.