[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Australia: Sutton and Best named inAustralia Day aw... - Merri

Mudgee.yourguide.com.au - Full Article

BY DON MAHONEY
27/01/2009

Mudgee endurance rider Mette Sutton was named Mid-Western Regional Council sportsperson of the year at Australia Day ceremonies held in Robertson Park on Monday.

The rider, who may be the first endurance rider to win this prestigious award, capped a fine year in the sport with a second in the state championships and was then selected to be part of the support team for the Australian team at the world championships held in Malaysia in November.

"The trip to Malaysia was probably the highlight as it was the first time I have ever gone overseas," Sutton said.

"I had to nominate to be a part of that team and I enjoyed the experience immensely.

"My focus for the future is to continue riding and I hope we have another great season in 2009."

More...

--
Posted By Merri to Endurance Riding: News at 1/27/2009 11:22:00 AM