[RC] Best multiday rides - Dream Weaver

Are there any bad multidays? Not that I can remember! I think that they are all great. Picking only one is hard. Depending upon the time of year you want to travel and will have horses ready there are lots of choices.

The next multiday ride I'm going to is the 4 day Death Valley Encounter. It has two days that are point to point (days 2 and 4), and two days that stay in the same camp (days 1 and 3). We tried to make it point to point all of the days but couldn't get permission/permits to do that. Still, it's a nice ride and a great opportunity to get to ride between Christmas and New Year (Dec. 28-31st), with the ride now finishing where there is a clubhouse for the New Year's party. That ride is in the PS region in California.

In May there is a new 5 day ride in the MT region. Mt. Carmel! It has been a 3 day ride till now but has been expanded two more days to a total of 5 since there isn't going to be a Fort Schellbourne ride (which used to take place in June). I think that Mt. Carmel will become a popular 5 day ride as the scenery is quite spectacular, the weather in May is usually pretty good and it's centrally located in Southern Utah and camp is close to services (fuel, restaurants, hotels, golf course).

Other mutlidays worth checking out: Owyhee in Idaho, Fort Stanton in New Mexico, Bryce Canyon in Utah and the Grand Canyon in Arizona. There may be another new ride that'll be on some of the old Outlaw Trail and vicinity in the fall.

I've got photos of pretty much all of them...somewhere. Check http://www.xprides.com and go to the photos page to find a lot. Others can be found on my blog (see link below), and here: http://enduranceridestuff.com/photos.html here are some older ones: http://enduranceridestuff.com/RideStories.html and also here http://aerc.org/Membership_Photos.asp

Most of my favorite multidays no longer exist. I started out doing the point to point rides and really miss them the most. So my advice to those thinking about going to a multiday ride is that you should go because you never know what ride or rides may not be able to take place in the future. For those that have the point to point bug and want to do a killer ride, sign up for the 2011 XP and ride, really ride~!

Karen
http://www.enduranceridestuff.com/blog