Re: [RC] hydration waist packs / fanny packs + waterbottles - Katrina Mosshammer

I used to use  a basic waistpack with bottles when I was a junior. When I switched from my english saddle to a trail saddle I got used to carrying bottle in my saddle packs. Then two 2 years ago I started riding much more in the heat of the summer and would carry water for the horse as well as me so I bought a hydration backpack but that always rubbed my shoulders so I never used it. Then I saw a rider that had a camelback waistpack and I decided to get one and try it. http://about.pricegrabber.com/search_gen_top.php?form_keyword=camelbak%20flashflo&mode=about_walking I LOVE it! I've also learned that I drink much better with it than I do with bottles. I usually carry G2 or Gatorade in it. I also have a small first aid kit, ace bandage, rubber gloves, knife and horse treats (never thought about that until mom pointed out if I need a treat to catch a loose horse it won't do me much good to carry it on the saddle Winking smile emoticon ). Occasionally if I take my cell I will put it in there too for the same reason as the treats; no good if the horse gets loose.

Katrina Mosshammer (AERC # 5763)

"Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat, I say only that the cat died nobly." - Arnold Edinborough

Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 12:34 PM
Subject: [RC] hydration waist packs / fanny packs + waterbottles

I have a question.

Who uses waist packs ? with or without waterbottles when riding. What brand do you like ? what do i have to look for ?
And WHAT is in yours. What is important to have in it  ?

Thanks for any and all replys  You can email me privatly thank you :-)

Diana TX

I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed.

My God shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus
Phil 4:19
~~____(\
  .../< >\