[RC] Trens Tesmen (Translation: Trans Tasman) Final - Jay Randle

It was important to me to fill in some details about our teams achievements.As
far as I am concerned they had the sporting hopes of a nation on their shoulders
even if only a couple of hundred people knew that they were there.To represent
your country in any sport is big.A reward for hard work and determintion and our
4 team members and 2 reserves are heroes to the sport of endurance.It is not a
gravy train representing Australia.There is no funding for the squad so all
expenses were met by the individuals right down to the uniforms.Carol Dixon
sponsors the Aussie jodphurs,a point that didn't get forgotten, so thank you
Carol.
So many of the small things get forgotten or glossed over when it comes to
hearing about the squad and what they are up to overseas.Our Trans Tasman squad
were riders like you and I who chose to give back to their sport and chase a
dream.
Fia and Talea Hasko-Stewart.The mother and daughter pair that went about their
job quietly and efficiently coming up with a 5th youth place and a horse that
looked great in BC.Always a smile from Talea who I'm sure had a ball and did her
country proud.Excellent effort guys.
Linda Tanian who had a hard day at the office and a long drive back to the
airport after the ride and missed out on the celebration.Sometimes things just
go astray and there isn't much that can be done about it.Bad luck Linda.One of
those days.
Vanessa Crispe who had a hot horse to strap and helped out everyone else around
her when it was needed.I felt secure knowing that if by chance I slipped and
fell into the Whanganui river and was eaten by a crocodile Vanessa would have
been able to tell the forensic investigators what sex the croc was.A skill that
will I'm sure come in handy at a ride one day
Sonya Ryan and Jo Hamilton Branigan.I like to say Jo's name to myself with a
Prince Charles accent.Go on try it.How good was it to have a vet as a
strapper.Sonya enjoyed her mount tremendously and was positively beaming
throughout even after it went downhill.A real credit to the herself and the
squad.
Ady McIntosh and Anita Lunt.The west Aussies from flat country dealing with
the green hills of NZ.The pair of them very proffessional and always happy.There
was no grumbling at the end and they both did a wonderfull job managing a
difficult horse.Way to go girls.You should both be proud of your effort.
Lisa Stoffel and Wade Burgess.Wade is probably one of the most positive young
fellows you will ever meet and was absolutely over the moon to be in NZ.Lisa,who
should be known as BHP,(the quiet achiever) was supported by her entire
family.It was fantastic to see her finish and have the whole clan there proud as
punch.So they should be,she did a great job.What a supportive family they
are.They have the spirit of endurance in abundance.
Tarnia Kittel and Gerard Bou.(me).Tarni picked up the win and BC.She did
exactly what I knew she was capable of.She handled her nerves with poise and
control and I am so incredibly proud of that girl.What a ride.Bloody legend.
Derek and Glenda Armitage.Da bosses.They both did such a fantastic job looking
after us and organising everything.Such knowledge between them that they are
more than willing to share.I doubt we can thank you guys enough.
The Kiwis looked after us all so incredibly well.They put us up in the
hotel,gave us great horses(with no lease fee) and showed us such awesome
hospitality.They were gracious in defeat and I was impressed by the way the
riders congratulated each of the Aussies.We all felt for the lad who was late to
vetting.It must have been awfull for him.He will get alot out of that ride and
come back stronger for the experience.All of them will.
A great event,a great result.Proud to have been a part of it.
Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI!
Perhaps someone can post all the names of organisers and horse lenders as I am
no good with names and I didn't write anything down.
I'm sure that something more official will show up
Cheers peeps

Gerard Bou
Please call me G

Head to the Daily Blob on Windows Live For more of what happens online