Re: [RC] New FEI drug rule...question about placings at a ride - stephanie teeter

AERC rules apply to AERC events. There are really only 2 rules issues in dual sanctioned rides:
1. drug allowance - FEI currently permits omeprazole, AERC does not. The bute/banamine/aspirin allowance may or may not be allowed in FEI endurance competitions - we don't know this yet, but I believe that each discipline (jumping, dressage, endurance, reining, vaulting, driving) can impose additional rules/guidelines and until the dust settles on this we won't know wether it will be an issue or not in endurance and dual AERC/FEI sanctioned rides.
2. time allowed for completion at the end. AERC allows 60 minutes, FEI allows 30

A lot of the things people are calling rules are policies, which are up to the ride manager (crew area, eating, pulse boxes, etc) to impose - or not.

Steph