[RC] conditioning the older horse...? - sherman

Title: Message
I haven't, but I know of one. He started at 17, just ended his career at 21 due to tripping (which really might only be a shoeing issue), but otherwise would still be doing 50s and 100s. I was going to ride him in Tevis this year until the tripping started. I'd say if your horse is healthy and sound, go for it, don't assume that her age will limit her.

Kathy

 I LOVE riding this mare and would like to condition her and possibly compete in some 50s in 2010, but I wonder if her age may be a limiting factor... Has anyone out there ever STARTED a horse's endurance career that old?

Stephanie