Re: [RC] FEI and Bute - Truman Prevatt

Shelly Williams wrote:
So, if you have a ride that is AERC and FEI sanctioned, and the AERC rules say no bute, then does that apply to all the entrants, FEI and "open" AERC? If the AERC rules apply to ALL entrants, then the FEI idiocy would only apply to rides that are not AERC sanctioned. Anybody know?
Call me cynical (but don't call me late for dinner), however, I can help but wonder that since Maktoum is one of the biggest supporters of FEI endurance and given his wife is the president of the FEI and given he got hammered by the FEI for doping his horse in an endurance race he's just not fixing the problem so he won't get nailed again. http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/horse_racing/

It will be very interesting to see if the FEI allows an exception from the new "progressive" drug rule for endurance or if it's one shoe fits all. It will be even more interesting to see how our BOD reacts to the case if they don't waive endurance from the new "progressive" drug rule.

Truman

--
“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently

“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.”  Friedrich Nietzsche