[RC] 75/100 - marinera

I do not think anyone should be talked into doing a 100 mile One Day Ride. I think a person has to want it badly. That desire has to come from within the person, not being talked into it by someone else.
I also think the hundred mile mystique is really overblown. It is just not that tough. It does not take a super horse or a super rider/athlete. Average can finish very nicely. You need to be a caring rider with your head screwed on right so you don’t hurt your best friend that day. And you need to do your homework.  If failure is going to crush you, don’t try it. If you learn from failure, you have my respect because you tried.  Julie