[RC] Great clinician - advertising month - Maryanne Gabbani

We don't have much contact with clinicians in Egypt, so when we get someone out here, we really need to get value for our time and money. Recently, Zsuzsu Illes www.rebalancesaddlefitting.com came to spend two weeks at my farm, to help us with saddle fitting, and to give clinics on balanced riding. The riders here are not really endurance riders, not necessarily into dressage or jumping...we are your basic average riders with access to some pretty fantastic riding right out our backdoors.

Zsuzsu has training in classical dressage through her uncle www.charlesdekunffy.com as well as years of experience teaching riding. A personal experience with a handmade saddle that after two years and over $4500 later still wasn't a good match for a horse took her into the mysteries of saddle fitting and how it affects the rider. Now she looks at saddle fit issues and gives clinics for riders who want to want to improve their riding no matter what discipline.

Zsuzsu doesn't advertise on Ridecamp, but she is a remarkable resource...a rider who can teach riding that will assist you in any pursuit and a saddle fitter who is not tied to any particular saddle maker. She can also help you to maximise the resources that you have on hand, as she did me. I have roughly 23 horses who work as a trail string for a variety of riders in terms of experience, skill, and physical characteristics. Not having 23 separate saddles, I needed to know what saddles fit which horses and which pads that I have on hand might help which saddles on which horses. We now have an "options booklet" that help us to saddle my horses in a way that helps them to stay healthy and happy in their work.

If any of you contact her and arrange clinics, I promise that you won't be sorry.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
msgabbani@xxxxxxxxx

Egypt Face to Face
www.alsorat.com