[RC] Mustang Memorial - Charles Coleman

Although the weather looked pretty bleak for most of the week the day I rode (Sunday) it was 60 and beautiful. Actually we arrived late Saturday and the rain had pretty well stopped. The forecast did not appear to hurt the turnout I think there were 40 in the 50 each day and 30 in the LD.
For some reason the LDs were not started till 9 and we had a 45 minute hold so this once again killed my "Done by One" motto. I feel I have paid my dues with AERC as far as competing in the longer rides and am really loving the LDs now BUT not so much the ones in the Northeast. We pay almost as much to ride as the 50s but are treated more like 2nd class riders.  I offered top ten and BCs on all 3 days of the Hickory Creek ride to the LDs hoping that might get the incentive going (it has not).  AERC offers a BC award in the region but seldom does anyone in the NE receive it as no managers will give it. To me the LDs are the least amount of trouble. So as Earl Pitts would say wake up people! I will be competing more in the SE and MW next year where the LDs are offered multi-days to ride as well as placings. Mary Coleman 9078