[RC] a thank you regarding CBS Redman's death - Debi Gordon

To Ridecamp:
?
I wanted to thank all those who responded to my grief over the death of my wonderful CBS Redman.? Many of you wrote in sympathy and empathy.? Others shared wonderful memories of moments when Redman's presence or performance touched them in some way.? And I feel certain many more paused in sadness when the news was heard.? Thank you all for caring, for noticing and for remembering.
?
At his last race, someone, I don't remember who right now, stopped by my trailer and his paddock to look Redman over.? This person had only heard about him and knew of him but had never actually seen him.? She looked at me and said, "I thought he would be so much bigger."? At first, it kind of pissed me off, but then I stopped to think...He was so talented, so extraordinary in his accomplishments and abilities, that he was simply bigger than life.? It was really the ultimate compliment.? And that was the day I decided to retire him.
?
Thanks, everyone, for helping me say good bye.
?
Debi Gordon
?
?