[RC] dried fat - Melinda Faubel

I tried searching the archives, but haven't come up with anything, so I thought I would post here.
?
I have been feeding my horse 1 cup of oil daily.
?
I am switching to a dried fat because I can't take the mess any more, nor the driving to the store every week to buy gallon upon gallon of the stuff.
?
I'm a little confused about how much to feed, as to be equivilent to 1 cup of oil.
?
It isn't cool calories, but the label reads the same.? It suggests 8-16oz per day for a horse.? They gave me a 50cc scoop.? Lovely....I've figured out that 8?oz. = ~4.7 scoops of the stuff.? So is 8 oz of dried fat the same as 8 oz of wet fat?
?
I was further confused by the cool calorie label...where it says to feed 2-4oz (3-8 oz if a horse a horse is in hard work).? Why the descripency????
?
What is the conversion between cool calories and wet oil?
?
Thanks,
?
Melinda (who thought it would simpler than this)

--
Check out my blog - Boots and Saddles!

www.bootsandsaddles4mel.blogspot.com