[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Canada: Toronto to host 2015 Pan Am Games - Merri

CBC.ca - Full Article

November 8, 2009

By Justin Piercy, CBC Sports

It's mission accomplished for Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty, Toronto Mayor David Miller and all other members of the delegation supporting Toronto's bid to host the 2015 Pan Am Games.

On the first ballot of Friday's vote in Guadalajara, Mexico, Toronto was tapped as the host city.

"Our commitment, our pledge, our undertaking, our promise is to provide you with the best Pan Am Games ever," McGuinty told delegates after the results were announced. "It's an exciting time for so many of us here."

Miller also took the podium to express his gratitude for the first-ballot win.

"I would like to say thanks for all of the confidence shown in Toronto," Miller said. "See you all in 2015."

Bid adviser Bob Richardson said before the vote that he was confident his team did all it could to sell the region to Pan American Sports Organization voters.

It seems they did just that, beating out the two other bidding cities — Lima, Peru, and Bogota, Colombia.

More...

--
Posted By Merri to Endurance Riding: News at 11/12/2009 11:48:00 AM