Re: [RC] Crooked Horses - Lori Bertolucci

I found that interesting about the horse being bent to the left,and your stirrup looking longer.
My new horse has, from the beginning, bent to the left. I thought it was from possible need of chiro work, which he did need. But the bend was still there. This past Sat. my friend I was riding with noticed that my stirrups looked uneven, with the left side being longer, yet to me they felt quite even. She studied my position in the saddle and said I was sitting square, and raised the left stirrup for me. Thru our ride I felt completely out of balance and my left ankle felt folded up. I eventually dropped the stirrup back down and felt balanced again.
Could this be a case of a horse that is very weak on one side?

From: "Vchorsegal@xxxxxxx" <Vchorsegal@xxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, November 12, 2009 8:03:50 AM
Subject: [RC] Crooked Horses

I have also had a lot of horses that were bent, and usually to the left !  I think it is due to overzealous one rein stops !  When these horses graduate to a wonder bit, or argentine snaffle ( tom thumb types ) they seem to lighten up and straighten out very quickly. I also feel it is nice to have a trail horse that can stop straight, as sometimes you are on the side of a ledge !

   Happy trails !

 - Heidi Helly, off to ride Andreti in his argentine snaffle bridle !!