[RC] Jane - sangel15

Hello Jane...I agree with Lori, your Mare is beginning her prime years and should have many more. The quality of your training is most important. If you want to ride 50's then train for 50's. The only LD we have done was the Leatherwood Extreme on a year they had a spring and fall race. Leatherwood is not easy and I used the spring LD to see what the trails were like to prepare for the 50 in the fall if we were able to make it to that one. We were overtime on that LD (about 10 min) as we stayed well within our pacing goal and we were with a group and surprise..talking too much and missed a turn for one of the loops. We went about 5 miles out of the way and had to double back. So we did not complete but because we did 10 extra miles we got a T-shirt anyway...LOL   LD's are fun but typically fast and probably not as fast as you would want to go on your first 50 back. Anyway that's my two cents worth...Hey another lesson learned there...pay attention to your markers..LOL

 Sharon