[RC] Fencing Question Reply - Barb Horstmeier

I have been using the 1 ½ inch electric fencing for several years, at 3 different places with great success and economy.? Tried several of the manufacturers and have found fencing from Horsegurardfence.com the strongest and most economical.? Their tape is stronger so you only have to put posts 16 feet apart instead of the 12 feet suggested by other manufacturers.? I use it with T posts that have top caps which include the fastener for the top line.? The tape costs more than other brands but the fasteners are stronger, holding the tape firmer and the cost is easily made up it the difference of posts required.

Once in awhile, a horse will hit the fence (you find the skid marks outside the fence) and just bounce back with no damage to the horse or the fence.? The tape comes in white, green and brown.? While I would prefer the brown for eye appeal, the white makes it easy to spot problems (fallen trees).? The other advantage to the tape with T posts is it is so easy to move when you change your mind on the fence configuration.

Good luck,

Barb