Re: [RC] Adding d-rings to an english saddle (NE Ohio) - Dyane Smith

I had a d-ring added to the cantle of my Stubben that I used to attach a crupper for awhile.  Eventually, the horse's shoulders broaded enough that I didn't need it anymore, but it was very effective while I used it.  It was done by a local tack shop repair and didn't seem to be any big deal, but that was some 20 years ago.

Dyane
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 6:13 AM
Subject: [RC] Adding d-rings to an english saddle (NE Ohio)

I was wondering if anyone had added d-rings to an English saddle, and specifically if anyone knows of a tack repair place in NE Ohio that would do this? I'm not sure what is involved in adding d-rings as I would assume they need to be screwed into the tree to be truly secure. (I know Cashel makes the tie-one-on but I can't see that being a safe way to secure most items - such as a breastcollar, for instance). I can get away without them but really like having them on the saddle.

If you would prefer to respond personally, my e-mail is kcrazzmatazz at hotmail dot com.

TIA!