Re: [RC] Emergency Treatment Fund (was: Research Committee News...) - Joe Long

Horseraser@xxxxxxx wrote:
hey that emergency fund is what is holding me back for doing Tevis-I figure I need to have at least $2,000.00 set aside for "just in case" stuff
Micki
I will be happy to support a "treatment insurance" program in AERC, and happily pay three or five dollars per ride into a fund to pay costs of treatment at a ride.  I think it would need some qualifying standards or a deductible, say $100, so that it pays for those few cases with high expenses and not routine or "just to be on the safe side" treatments.

We might consider outsourcing this to an insurance company.

--
Joe Long  aka ChipRider
jlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx