Re: [RC] Integrity Sr, No molasses - Elizabeth Walker

Unless they have added a new product that doesn't show up in the brochure, the standard Integrity Adult/Sr does contain molasses.  As to how much to feed, "that depends".

One reason I switched to Triple Crown was that the manufacturer wouldn't give me the energy content, so I couldn't figure out a starting amount.  Caisson weighs 850 lbs when he is on the heavy side, and most of the feeding directions are for 1000 lb horses.  The Integrity folks referred me to their nutritionist, who wouldn't give me any real info, or amounts to feed.  Triple Crown gave me all the calorie info I needed, plus a lot of advice on vitamin content, NSC and protein, etc.  I ended up switching to Triple Crown Lite, and and TC Senior if he is working hard and needs more calories (which right now, he doesn't).

One thing I did learn in my feed search was that if you feed less than the amount recommended, your horse isn't getting the full amount of vitamins and minerals, and if you then add extra, you can over-supplement.

All of that said, I was using a 'guesstimate' of 1.36 MCal/lb DE for the Integrity Adult/Sr (with molasses).  If you want me to give you a ballpark 'starting amount', I can plug in your info to my spreadsheet.  Email me privately if you want that, and I'll tell you the info I need.