[RC] cost of flying horses? - Elyse Carreno

All the discussion about the test ride last week and all the countries represented has me wondering...obviously some competitors have ample funds for their endurance program, but how do competitors who are just regular citizens with a day job afford the transport costs that go along with making several international trips per year with their mounts? My husband is military and a European assignment had been a possibility for next year. I was looking into the cost of taking the horses with me (about $10,000 a pop each way-which seemed too much to swing even if we were to be there for 3 years). Are these competitors using this type of transport or some other less expensive service. Trying to get some better ideas in case we get sent to Germany in the future. Being able to take the horses would make being away from home not so far from home ;-)
-Elyse