RE: [RC] Ride Entries - Maryben Stover

This should be printed on the back of every ride entry.  Course the people it applies to don't read the entry.  I harp on this constantly but the same people do this over and over.  The ride entries are scribbled as fast as possible so the names are impossible to read.  Another caveat is to make the check out the way the entry says to make it out.  I always get at least 5 checks made payable to me.  But the all time favorite of mine is the people who want to give your their horse's AERC number during the middle of ride day when you are timing, hanlding emergencies, etc.  ..........mb (who can tell Sandy has done a ride lately)

From: SandyDSA@xxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Ride Entries
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 07:21:23 -0700

Just a heads up - when you send in an entry, FILL IT OUT COMPLETELY! A "ride secretary" is not someone who fills in what you are too busy or lazy to fill out yourself. Fill our ALL paperwork entirely, then double check it, because if you don't you may not be allowed to ride at some rides, and at others, you may not get credit with whatever organization is sponsoring. It is not the job of ride management or volunteers to hunt you down for info or signatures. Personally, I consider it laziness but whatever it is, FILL OUT your OWN paperwork. In the case of a ride being dual sanctioned by AHA, if you do NOT sign your paperwork or fill it out completely, it will be sent in that way and then YOU get to figure it out. There. Sheesh!

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians

=