RE: [RC] damage from shoeing - Karen Standefer

If the horse was only done 10 days before, then probably no permanent damage done.  If you can approach your farrier WITHOUT anger so that it is a learning opportunity for him (his choice to take advantage of it), then I’d do it.  Otherwise just let it go.    Better for you both.

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Donna Winters
Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2009 10:05 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] damage from shoeing

My o0roblem is my shoer got the whole R side wrong. outside of hooves short, did not compensate for a slight club foot, contracted a tendon.  Luckily he is in the hands of someone who is working with a good shoer , vet and xrays.  My horses conditioning was started very slow and technically with a plan.  But now all my rides are on hold.  So much for the pity party.        Should I confront my old shoer with my anger, letter from vet and xrays showing bones not in alignment..Also whould I be so bold as to ask for my money back, horse was done 10 days before this.  thanks everyone

Donna and "Bud"