From: LIESENS Leonard (COMM)
Sent: Sun 11/10/2009 10:59
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Oct. 14 KY Event

Somebody asked why US riders are only competing on 100miles and why UAE only on 75...

I would guess that opportunities to qualify on 100miles FEI are very few in the US and one may not loose a chance to get FEI qualified to come in line for the WEG. Maybe also I would guess that your chef d'equipe wants seeing her prospects competing on the very same trail AND AT SPEED than the WEG. If the race is as foreseen, that will be a race that will ALSO be won at the vetgate (recoveries, crew efficiency, horse qualities) and at the canter :-)

Regarding UAE, there is no point for them probably to compete at 100miles event. Maybe as someone said, too risky. Some of their horses are top class as one can imagine. Kangoo for example has been vice-champion individuel in Aachen, also european champion team in Portugal.

Leonard, www.endurance-belgium.com