[RC] removing panels from an orthoflex - k s swigart

Not having any expertise with Orthoflex saddles, I cannot answer the question
of how hard or easy it is to remove the panels; however, I can address this
statement;

I;m starting to see where the panels have caused some
?atrophy to his muscles behind the shoulder.?

Atrophy to the muscles behind the shoulder is usually caused by the horse
hollowing its back while travelling rather than rounding its back.? Saddle fit
can be but one of many causes of a horse travelling in this way.? Because I am
a horse trainer, not a saddle fitter, I have a tendency to see the cause of a
horse travelling this way to be a rider problem more than a saddle fit problem
(although it is sometimes a horse's build problem and the best rider in the
best saddle isn't going to be able to get some horses to round their backs).?
That old Maslow and the hammer thing, you know.

However, if you have a saddle that used to fit and now it doesn't because the
muscles have atrophied behind the shoulder, I can almost guarantee that it is a
problem that can be fixed by riding the horse "correctly" because?it probably
became that way by riding it "incorrectly"?and that trying to fix it by
changing the saddle probably isn't going to help, at least not very much or for
very long.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)

"?"I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to
treat?everything as if it were a nail." --Abraham Maslow