[RC] Powerful words - Kathleen

First post with regard to completion awards people like:

“Shame on you.”

and

“Shameful, Shameful”

Second post with regard to people’s responses to first post:

“All I did was ask some questions of my own.. Some folks got their panties in a bunch. Sorry.”

I don’t think it was the questions you asked that got anyone’s panties in a bunch.  “Shame on you” is a pretty judgmental statement.  If you had asked the exact same questions but said “as you think about completion awards remember to consider helping out by doing ….” your message could have been received in a more positive manner.

We all need to remember to stop and think how our posts will come across on a message board where we don’t all know each other and don’t have any context to put the message in with regard to facial expressions or body language.

Kathleen Ferguson