[RC] Fun balance exercises that help equitation for the endurance rider - Garrett . Ford

Over the years I've had the opportunity to participate in endurance riding and have been involved in the sport since 1982.  Some years I can't find the time to fit in any endurance rides, in a big year I may end up with 750 miles.  The main reason for the swing in participation is the involvement in other non equine endurance sports.  There just isn't enough time in the day.

I started to get more involved in endurance this season and contacted a couple dressage instructors to improve my equitation.  As a heavyweight rider I knew that a more balanced rider would only help my horse in 50 and 100 mile events.  Time restraints with family, career and others things got in the way and I have yet to take a dressage lesson.  It's on the list and will happen eventually but over the summer months I stumbled on several exercises that have really improved my balance and equitation.

Read more here

http://easycareinc.typepad.com/from_the_horses_mouth/2009/10/fun-balance-exercises-that-help-equitation-for-endurance-riders.html

I would love to hear what other are doing to improve balance and equitation.

Garrett Ford

EasyCare Inc.

2300 E. Vistoso Commerce Loop

Tucson, AZ 85755