RE: [RC] re:awards/photos - fhall

I am in the same boat as Cindy here, only a few LD’s so far, but I can’t think of much I would rather have than a picture of my horse and I while doing a ride! Maybe a nice personalized blanket or cooler with my girls name on it, but we are going to have to get to some longer, more intense rides than we have done to merit an  award like that just yet!!

Freda

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Cindy Stafford
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 12:14 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] re:awards/photos

Having so few AERC rides on my resume, I don't feel I have the right to comment on my preference for awards, etc., but Karen C's comment about photos had me wanting to chime in.

There has seldom been a ride photographer at the rides I have been to (probably too small to warrant hiring one...?).  But if you tied a ride award to a free ride photo from the photographer, that might be enough business to make the photographer's trip worthwhile?  It's personal, packs light, and is always the right size! :)  the photo that is, not the photographer, lol.

My mare only made it to a few LD"s and the two photos I have of her that I got, I treasure.  And when I rode borrowed horses from friends, a pic was a great way to give back to them as a thank you.

and my 2 pics of my Zoeybird are worth scads more than all the tshirts I have that don't fit my short body :)

Cindy