Re: [RC] re: Roger's clot-OT - Beverley H. Kane, MD

Title: Re: [RC] re: Roger's clot-OT
Dear Roger et al,

There are 2 issues here: one the issue of the DVT per se, the other, the issue of doing any kind of sport while anticoagulated (“blood-thinned”).  After your settling-in period, it will probably come down to your own sense of calculated risk, and that of your loved ones. The captain of our Mounted Patrol, ~ age 70, anticoagulated, still rides search and rescue. One of our local riders was riding endurance on Coumadin til recently.  Both of these men are anticoag’d for atrial fibrillation, not DVT, and both have fairly bombproof horses, another consideration.

Please PM (private msg) me if you want to talk on the phone.

Beverley
Beverley Kane, MD
Horsensei Equine-Assisted Learning & Therapy
Woodside, CA
http://www.horsensei.com

The Manual of Medicine and Horsemanship--
Transforming the Doctor-Patient Relationship with Equine-Assisted Learning
http://www.authorhouse.com:80/BookStore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=49669