[RC] Flip side: a GREAT experience from a turtle finisher - Sharon Hahn

I just wanted to share my experience as a turtle (we don't normally give out special "turtle awards" in Minnesota, but obviously someone is always last.)

A few years ago, my friend and I decided to do our first 50 ever.  We had old mares (I think they were 19 and 21 at the time maybe) who had been competing in LD and CTR for a number of years, it was the last ride of the year so they were in decent shape, and we figured it was now or never.  We plugged along together all day and got in about 1/2 hour before the cut off, WAY after everyone else.  BUT, there were lots of people waiting for us and cheering at the finish line.  (They were waiting for us to finish so they could have dinner, so I think that might have been part of the reason they were cheering...)  A rider who competes in FEI rides even gave us each a rose and said how much she loved old faithful mares.  I will never forget that and I really felt that to finish WAS to win.  It was really special.

--
An Excellent Credit Score is 750
See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!