Re: [RC] from a turtle's perspective - Crysta Turnage

I don't know...  personally, I'd rather be the one person that snuck
in quietly and got myself taken care of, than the one person that all
the other riders were waiting on to finish so they could get on with
things and get fed and start heading home.

The finish to my first 50 was very much like this, except I wasn't the
turtle and I was riding with another person.  Michelle's experience
wasn't too uncommon to me.  I think ride management should wait until
most of the riders have finished, but as a Ride Manager, I also don't
want to hold up everyone else because I may have a few riders who are
being conservative.  It's my responsiblity to ensure they have a vet,
food and awards.  I've found the best way to avoid this is manage a
night ride, where everyone just goes to bed when they're finished and
then we all wake up (or stay up in my case!) and have a great
breakfast and awards together.  =)

~ Crysta