[RC] FW: Helmet frenzy with a positive spin - Kassandra

Title: FW: Helmet frenzy with a positive spin

------ Forwarded Message
From: Kassandra <kassandrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:01:26 -0700
To: Karen Everhart <rainbowmeadowsranch@xxxxxxxxx>, <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Centella Tucker <centella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Conversation: Helmet frenzy with a positive spin
Subject: Helmet frenzy with a positive spin

My positive spin..

Yes, there is the fact that their decisions cost us money if they cannot provide for themselves, etc, etc.  But I like to look at the glass as half full....On the bright side, those that like to gamble and live life on the edge are in turn providing job opportunities for those who rescue them (paramedics/airflight) and the medical personnel who have to care for them!

When I don’t wear my helmet I feel I am being an optimist......thinking positively that I wont need it!  Primarily it is comfort, finding one that won’t make you batty after an hour on your head.  :-)

I do believe it is a good idea to wear a helmet, but in no way do I support mandating it.

So, in closing, if you wear your helmet you are cutting jobs but sparing your loved ones and citizens the cost of caring for you.   If you don’t wear one then you are creating job opportunities.  A win win situation!

Forever the optimist...

Now go hug your horse