[RC] bravery? - oddfarm

Ya know, it really doesn't take "huevos" to voice an opinion. 'Cause that's what it is. An opinion. A personal belief. (where would religion be without THAT?) If you had to have guts to voice an opinion, the weenies of the world would be totally silent. I'll bet there are a lot of lurkers who side with the same opinion as Diane.

I think it takes more guts to admit a mistake or a wrongdoing. To say "I'm sorry" or to admit that you are wrong sometimes feels like it will kill you! I don't think anyone has ever died from saying those words but it must be sincere to count.

One of my home-girls ripped a rider a new you-know-what for overriding his seriously underweight horse. That was also brave and in my opinion the right thing to do. He was inexperienced and just wanted to win. He rode one more ride that I know of and hasn't been seen since.

I think part of Diane's opinion reflected partly on the fact that the story was written by a much more experienced rider. Of course now she, (the rider) is even more experienced having gone through what she did and well, shit happens. If one person takes to heart the experience that was shared, then her story is worth more than words can say.

You ridecampers are a funny group :) Some screw-ups get hell and others get the "oh you poor thing".

Let it go, it's happy hour :)

Lisa Salas, the Odd fArm