Re: [RC] helmets - Elizabeth Walker

It must be winter.  :)

Still - I've only hit my head a couple of times.  The first time was in a river bed, and I hit nice, soft sand hard enough to see stars -- 2 feet from a large rock...  I've worn a helmet ever since, on the assumption that the gods don't warn you twice.

A friend of mine was very fortunately wearing a helmet when her horse dumped her (from the walk) and she hit the back of her head on the driveway surface hard enough that the next door neighbors heard the sound of her helmet splitting wide open.  She was fine - very minor concussion.

On Sep 16, 2009, at 10:35 AM, Terry Banister wrote:

So, whenever I see riders who never wear a helmet, I am always impressed!  I think they sure know how to buy a horse (that doesn't spook/spin/bolt/fall and is otherwise predictable)! ....  I am very impressed with them and their choice of horses!!

Terry
"May the Horse be with You"

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:23:15 -0600
Subject: [RC] helmets
From: merritraveler@xxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have to chip in here, April was not the only rider not wearing a helmet at the AERCNC. I was surprised at the number of riders in both distances NOT wearing helmets. You don't have to be racing to possibly have an accident - the ground is just as hard if you are trotting or walking and hit your head wrong.

--
www.endurance.net/merri
www.TheEquestrianVagabond.com

Insert movie times and more without leaving Hotmail®. See how.