[RC] RIP Rumor Has It 1986-2009 - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Although, Rumor Has It (Kaiyoum+++ x Shikos Rosalinda) did not do
endurance.  He has been being taken care of by Liz and Rob Masters who
are endurance riders.  The Masters have been fostering Rumor and
Cejlon until I have recovered from my auto accident in April.  The
love, care, and concern they displayed for my stallions has been
incredible.  The time they spent around the clock for three days
taking care of everyone of Rumor's needs has been awe inspiring.
Their efforts have been nothing less than selfless and honorable.

Liz called on Thursday to let me know that Rumor had gone down during
the night.  The vet had been there.  Administered medications based on
his physical findings, drew blood and gave the Masters instructions to
carry out.  From there  it was a wait and see situation.  Waiting to
see if he could regain his ability to get back up.  Waiting to get the
toxicology and blood results.  In the meantime Katie and I drove to
Temecula on Friday to see Rumor and await the results.

I was horrified to see my Rumor Has It, a larger than life stallion.
laying on the ground, vulnerable, and barely being able to know who I
was at first.  I had not seen Rumor since April 16, 2009.  Although
the drive was long and anxious, I am so thankful I was able to do it.
In spite of the trauma and stress he was under I was amazed how well
he looked.  The Masters have been taking such good care of him and
Cejlon.  Katie and I visited with Rumor for several hours.  We agreed
with Rob to wait until the next morning to make a decision on what
would be best for Rumor.

This morning, after hearing the results of the preliminary tests.  It
was obvious there would not be much of a chance or a change in what
could be expected for Rumor. I laid my hands on his face and told him
he would be free of pain and be running the Highway of Race Horse
Heaven with his buddy Fast Ptrack.  Rumor lifted up his head to me,
touched the top of my forehead with his nose.  Dropped his head back
down to the ground.  I knew it was the right decision - that he had
let go.  I needed to as well.

At 11:30am pst Rumor Has It was humanely euthanized.  It is NEVER easy
to have to make those decisions.  It is however our responsibility, as
owner's, to know when to take charge and do what is in the horse's
best interest - no matter how difficult.  I couldn't fix him.  All I
could do is ease his pain and his spirit.  Rumor went very quietly,
with dignity, and respect.

I want to thank everyone who has sent me messages of good luck, hope,
and prayers for Rumor.  I wish I could have given you better news.
Rumor may not be physically present.  However, he will never be
forgotten.  He was a magnificent horse with a huge heart.  He loved
his band of mares and he loved me.  Goodbye my very dear friend.  Rest
in peace as your spirit sores among your friends in Race Horse Heaven.

D'Arcy

--
D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson
cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx

Be the change you wish to see in the world - Gandhi