[RC] what do you all think? - Double 8 Ranch

While talking to my vet today, I asked him what he had done yesterday at the other clinic elsewhere in the state that he works at. He said they 'repaired' a horse with arthritis in his pastern(s). I asked if it was a performance horse and he said that he thought so.  They put bolts and screws in and fuse the pastern. Much success with most cases. Surgery costs about $3500.

This surgery obviously makes any horse much more comfortable. Most horses continue on with their careers, whatever discipline it is in.

He went on to say that they had done several surgeries of this type on endurance horses.

What do you all think of this? A good thing for endurance horses going back into competition or not???

Lauren
Double 8 Ranch
Cody, WY

i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD