[RC] Hind Leg Soreness + E-Lytes - Valerie Nicoson

I've been conditioning my gelding on some hilly trails, some with good elevation changes.? I'm in the midwest so nothing the western mountainous states have.? We walk and/or trot up the steep hills, I generally let him choose, as long as he's controllable which he is.? But one thing I have noticed fairly recently is his hind legs appear stiff and tight.? I say this based on the way he behaves:? He will raise his hind legs, alternately or as he feels like, and then throw the raised leg out and back as if kicking out at a fly or whatever.? I do run my hands down his hind legs when I see him doing this to help massage out the sore muscles.?

I'm curious as to what may be causing this as we have been doing these trails for awhile now and this problem has resulted within the past month.? Could this be an e-lyte imbalance?? I'll admit I don't elyte yet but have bought a couple tubes of paste e-lytes at the local farm store for an upcoming ride.?

I'm considering going with Natural Balance E-lytes and wanted any pros/cons to this particular brand.? Does anyone use this brand with success??

Thanks for helping me determine what's going on with my Polish Arab gelding.? He is 12 years old.
Val?