Re: [RC] dentistry - Lori Bertolucci

For a vet to do denistry with out sedation or a speculum is rather old school....and I would much prefer my vet to be more informed.

Lori

From: Karen Everhart <rainbowmeadowsranch@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Lori Bertolucci <loribertolucci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Marlene Moss <marlene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 1:24:13 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] dentistry

I just wish we could convince more Vets of the statement below.  I am AMAZED how many horses we get here, regardless of their origin (loved horses which people can't care for any longer, horses people no longer "want", abused horses, abandoned horses, etc.) and nearly every one of them have significant lesions on the tongues and/or cheeks, even when they tell me that the "vet" just "did" the teeth without a speculum, or sedation, etc.
"So when it comes to denistry, not all vets are created equal.  :)"

Lori