Re: [RC] RC:Sore Ankles - Truman Prevatt

Judy Houle wrote:
Early in my endurance career I used to have sore ankles.  I used stretch ankle braces for support, but eventually, after doing 100's and building up the miles I just toughened up, and haven't had any problems since.  I would recommend a set of Trail Tech stirrups, the shock absorbing ones.  I used them one year on the Tevis and really felt the difference.

When you start doing anything a lot - you get sore. When I started playing tennis every day - I got a case of tendinitis which I eventually worked through over time and by the use conditioning. When I started riding endurance I got a case of tendinitis - for lack of a better term - in  my ankles. You work through it the best you can and you will get over it. I tried the Trail Tech stirrups and they helped my ankles but given the length I need to ride my stirrups on the mare to keep from being launched - they dug into my shin :-( .

Truman

--
“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience

“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience. And in addition, to whatever measure this term has any meaning, science has the additional virtue, and it is not an inconsiderable one, of being true.” Carl Sagan