Re: [RC] Spooking and safe in dangerous situations - Dyane Smith

I have a horse like Barbara's, very careful in risky situations, but with a great sense of humor in the safe ones.

When Sun and I were younger, we used to race bareback up fire roads in the dead of night (can you say, no light at all?)  Then, I would get off, take the bridle off and walk down while he grazed his way down.  One time, we were doing that in the daylight.  Sun always liked to stay close to the edge of the road.  This time, he stepped and the road gave way, rocks and dirt crashing down the canyon.  Sun saved himself, but the look on both our faces was priceless.

Dyane