Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 9:23 AM
Subject: [RC] Crusty, scabby, thingies

Do you have clover in your pasture?  White clover sometimes causes skin, especially white skin to be super sensitive to the sun which will cause scabby sores on the legs and sometimes on white noses.  I scrub affected legs with a betadine solution mixed with water, trying to loosen the scabs, then treat with nitrofurazone ointment.  I had one mare with four stocking legs that had the issue frequently.

Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.