Re: [RC] Help! Need advice regarding treatment of crusty, scabby thinggies! - Elizabeth Walker

Gribblies - great name!

It could also be some other type of critter besides ticks. Caisson will get "gribblies" with both tick and fly bites.

One thing I have found that helps is the Trail-Rite Magical Ointment. It seems to calm the irritation, and keep the gribblies from forming as badly. It also seems to decrease the amount of hair that he loses to the bite.

I never thought about giving a tick bath -- how long does it last? I only need the protection when I ride in the mountains. He doesn't get them at the stable.