Re: [RC] spooking-lead dog - Barbara McCrary

We used to have two dogs, one Aussie, one  Border Collie.  They loved going riding with me and the horses looked to the dogs as barometers of trail conditions.  If the dogs looked happy and forward, the horses knew everything was OK.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 3:50 PM
Subject: [RC] spooking-lead dog

I am not wanting to fall off any more...two total hips etc...so had lost alot of confidence as far as big fast trotting - as it is when I am in the up stroke of the post that my horses have done the instant 190...and I am like the road runner hanging in mid air.  But now I have my ace in the hole! A dog...part heeler, part something...can go all day..pretty much stays right infront of me on the trail..My horse hauls ass with narry a spoke as long as dog is in the lead.  the only issue i have had is when dog is diverted by a chipmunk and my horse wants to follow her!