[RC] Auburn Fires - thank you! - Dawn Simas

Boy, times like this you discover true saints that drop everything to come help.  Thank you to Kathie Ford, Kathy Sherman, Laura Morin, and Brenda Mauer (who lost her house to fire this summer) for helping evacuate and the Christofk's for putting up my animals.  Frank and Joannie Smith wanted to also, and it was even during a birthday party for Joannie, but they couldn't get through the traffic, so Frank went to help another friend from a different direction since I had others that got through.

Here's a video I found:
I basically live one mile from this airport and am right under that black cloud.  It was a war zone.  The chopper was 80' overhead back and forth buzzing the house like Viet Nam. The bomber planes sounded like WWII. The explosions of neighbors home's propane tanks, one after the other, boom, boom, BOOM, sounded like artillery fire. Sirens all day, sky dark. I really thought I would lose everything. To see what I have to lose, check out my Farm Blog:

www.grandpas1947farm.shutterfly.com
I grew up here.

I have 40 chickens, two cows, dogs, cat, bobcat, and the half wild mustang.  Cruz, the mustang, was my main concern with loading.  Even with the helicopter buzzing him for a few hours, he was calm.  He didn't want to go in the trailer, and so far for weeks had completely refused (we've been working on this in training), but he actually went in.  I think he somehow understood.  And then, he walked out on a halter and calmly (although a bit balky) walked into a completely strange barn stall at the Christofk's.  I wanted to kiss that horse.  :)

It's only 70% containment right now, but they are finally letting homeowner's back this morning, so I'm moving everyone back in.

Thank you for the concern and prayers!

Dawn