[RC] Long Trailer Rides / Recovery Times - Michelle Aquilino

According to the AERC rider handbook: "Horses trailered more than three hours need 12 hours to recover; more than five hours requires a full day."
?
What is everyone's rule of thumb here?? How long of a trailer ride does it need to be for you to try arriving two days before the ride (and thus giving the horse a full day to recover)?? How short of a trailer ride would not require getting there much earlier than when vet-ins start?? Etc...? Thanks =)
?
I tried looking for this in the archives and couldn't find it anywhere, so just thought I'd check people's thoughts =)
?
-Michelle

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"