RE: [RC] Why I like horses - fhall

I too was BORN with this love/addition, although it was not hereditary! My parents never really figured out where it came from and I am the only one of my four siblings to have ever been afflicted. Maybe it is hereditary after all and only skipped a couple of generations and picked back up with my daughter and I. My daughter will be 21 and is graduating from William Woods University this spring with a major in Equestrian Studies and a Minor in Equine Business Admin. My Pride and Joy, I am glad I didn’t raise one of those ODD kids that will grow up to be a doctor or lawyer and make lots of money!! I raised one that is going to be a poor but deliriously HAPPY odd horse person!!

I drove my folks and my brother and sisters crazy with horse talk from the time I was able and it only got worse when I got my first horse at 10. When I had my daughter, they accused me of teaching her to talk early so I would have a captive audience for my horse talk. Well, it backfired on them; she became a horse talker as bad or worse if possible than her mamma. Then we went after them together whenever we could, this half pint child and I. Some of our relations still cringe a little to see us coming together at family get together’s I’m sure!!

Anyway from here, you’ve stolen the words from our mouths….just insert the word We at the beginning of each of these and it would be Dana and I speaking. We could not have said it any better ourselves!!

Freda and Dana Hall

I love to ride, I love to be around horses, I love to read about them, I love to look at other peoples' horses, I love to watch almost anything to do with horses.  I love to study horses' conformation.  I love to study veterinary medicine to do with horses.  In short, they are in my blood and I can't imagine living without them.

As far as horse people being a bit odd--it's the other way around.  All of those people who AREN'T horsecrazy are the odd ones.  How could anybody NOT love one of God's most elegant masterpieces?