[RC] Big Horn/Tevis/Woodstock - sherman

Title: Message
IMO, the only danger in Tevis is the deadly drop offs. Everything else in the ride are challenges. One mis-step on the cliffs though, and it can mean injury or death to both horse and rider.  We all ride for our own reasons and you are the first I've known to say they ride for the danger.

I know a few riders bring extra horses (no one I know has), and you may have been surrounded with riders who did, but what I hear more often is that out of the three someone was conditioning for Tevis, only one (often the back-up horse) ends up healthy and sound. I think only a small percentage of riders have the luxury of bringing extra horses.

Regarding the buckle, I just heard someone had their buckle made into a wide wristband. I didn't see it though.

Kathy

Well now you can say you know at least ONE person who does the Tevis ride BECAUSE of the dangers not, "in spite them" and I really don't feel I'm alone in that. Take away all those challenges and dangers and you've just got another pretty ride in the mountains. As for bringing extra horses, I was just going on my personal experience from the several people who were camping around me this year who brought spare horses as well as in 2007.