Re: [RC] Loose Salt - Truman Prevatt

Like Roger I've been feeding loose salt for years. I too used Redmond Salt until it got out of sight. It worked well in FL because the processed salt would turn to water in the summer from the humidity. The Redmond being coarse didn't. Now I use "Ice Cream" salt. The stuff you get to use to make ice cream. It comes in chunks about the size of a pea and my horses are now eating as much of this as they did the Redmond.

When it is really hot (and humid) I also throw in some Morton Balanced Salt (NaCl plus KCl) in their feed. But that's not the norm.

Truman

Roger Rittenhouse wrote:
Thought a change up would be nice :)

SALT
I have been feeding loose salt for ever. Never used the blocks. At first I used
just feed grade white salt, then added  trace mineral salt. Which is white
processed salt with minerals added back in.

--
“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience

“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience. And in addition, to whatever measure this term has any meaning, science has the additional virtue, and it is not an inconsiderable one, of being true.” Carl Sagan