Re: [RC] OT - Barbara White

The issue of  "I start late, so when I pass I gain a position" is a similar red herring.  The earlier start who is passed can see the number thus knows his relative placing.

Well, sure, the human knows the time difference.  However, in my experience it has been a lot easier to motivate a horse to catch the one in front of him than to convince him to get four minutes ahead of the horse that just caught him.  Riders who start in a later group have an advantage due to the nature of horses, imo.